- It gives your visitor good experience when it loads fast; check my previous post for more detail-5 Easiest Way to Optimize Load time & gain SEO benefits
- And good for search engine from SEO perspective; as search engine delivers website higher on search which loads faster
- Size of the images
- Alt tags on the images
- File-name of the images
- Linking pages for images
- Title tag of the images
Image Optimization for SEO benefits
Relevancy with the topic and content
Smarter approach for SEOs
- Smartly adopt the practice of moderation- don’t use alt for the images which are used for decoration (like squares, arrows, spacing gifs, question marks), instead use keyword rich description in few of your images.
- While adding alt, keep in mind the objective; purpose of alt is to describe images when pages are intended to open with images turned off.
- It is recommended to use by WC3 to facilitate the user with content intent not to spam the search engine.
- Remember alt is just one piece of pipe and there are numerous other factors to build the relevancy; so don’t spam it and focus on other advance onpage optimization factors.
File Name & Linking
Organize your image sitemap
Image sitemaps increases the chances of your images being found on “Google image searches”. Objective of image sitemap is to make sure that none of your images are being missed from Google bots. This is very easy to implement and more details about image stemap can be found here.
Code can simply look like this
Example shows a sitemap entry for the page
http://example.com/sample.html, which contains two images.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9" xmlns:image="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-image/1.1"> <url> <loc>http://example.com/sample.html</loc> <image:image> <image:loc>http://example.com/image.jpg</image:loc> </image:image> <image:image> <image:loc>http://example.com/photo.jpg</image:loc> </image:image> </url> </urlset>
- Domain Authority & ONLY tips to increase page authority
- How I manually examined WordPress hack?