Don’t peek on subject considering the market flow, just because few people are minting money out of that; instead keep your focus & select the topics based on your passion and interest.
Open your mind for thoughts and start carving them into text & paragraphs followed by relevant pictures, info-graphics and videos.
If you are at initial stage of blogging, you must stop spending multiple hours on-
- Keyword research
- Adjusting any sorts of keyword densities
- Searching for highly searched synonyms keywords & phrases
- Spending time on social media to promote the content
- Working for out-reach blogging
- Playing with any sorts of split testing
- Expecting return & revenue from any mean
Meanwhile by “initial stage” I means a blog which has less than 100 posts (Irrespective of traffic or earning). And to reach that level you might have to work for a year with the frequency of 2-3 posts/week.
But trust me, this is the only secret to-
- Keep yourself motivated towards developing great content
- Keep motivation for work and working not only for making money but also to deliver high quality information
- Harness the real potential of long-tail search volumes
So what is the success rate of traffic and business during these intervals? And what will be the outcome of such hard work?
Answer lies in a single sentence. That is, the visits from “long-tail keywords”-which is the by-product of high quality content having set of useful relevant topics.
Point to note is that keyword research for long-tail terms are actually not practical until and unless there is some data at your dashboard.
Thus we can say that at the end of 100 post delivery you will be actually able to carve your contentment marketing strategies from your long-tail traffic flow.
Tactics accompanied at stage1
Apart from developing high quality user friendly content at initial stage, you also need to work for creating social media platforms for your brand and to initialize domain trust.
Objective behind the exercise is –
- To make social media profile rank from your brand searches
- To prepare assets for future engagements
- To equip your profile with real people to leverage brand feedback
- To lay down gradual growth in followers & “social media engagement metrics” (Likes,pins,stumbles, followers, friends)
- To gain referral traffic and page authority boost
Supportive Platforms to work at Phase1
I’ll not suggest to initialize engagement at all social media platform rather it should be selected based on visitors interest and at the platform where they actually gather (Based on your topic and interest of your visitors).
- Facebook- Used by almost all type of user categories and hence this is the most popular and highly populated platform
- Twitter-This is also similar to Facebook and visitors can be categorized based on their interest and has huge potentials in terms real people occupancy
- Tumblr- Broadly this is a creative blogging platform and can be used to amplify your brand leveraging the online popularity of Tumblr
- LinkedIn- Might not be an active platform for all available niches but smart selection can enrich you with leads and brand building
- You may look for most popular platform at top 10 social networking platforms
Technical recommendations at phase1
Note that you have to keep your URL free from any future amendments (to sustain SEO values), hence URLs should be framed and written smartly considering the entire theme of your blog post.
For example if you are writing on “benefits of social media” put all your major keywords on your url. Like http://www.idigihub.com/social-media-benefits.com or you can insert relevant category or folder in between the gtld and pages for example http://www.idigihub.com/social/social-media-benefits.com.
If you are using WordPress this could be simply done by permalinks custom variables /%category%/%postname%.htm
Apart from all these keep your blog integrated with Google Analytics & Google Webmasters Tool
Tactics accompanied at stage2
This is the advance level of blogging where you have surplus content and rich media posts. And now you are at the level where small tweak can make big differences.
Most critical & advance SEO tactics are listed below-
Post Mobilegeddon it has almost become necessary for all the websites to be responsive. Still there are debates whether this contributes in ranking or not; even though you should keep yourself prepared. http://www.idigihub.com/tools/12-undeniable-reasons-go-responsive-now.html
Responsiveness is not only important from search engine perspective but also from the point of usability. If you want to check whether your website is mobile friendly or not simply visit Google Mobile friendly checker.
If you are using CMS like WordPress, you will not have to struggle with css and codes; You can easily get free and paid responsive themes on the internet very easily.
Keyword research & content optimization
Now is the time to optimize existing posts and to work aggressively to add more simplified new posts. And This is the stage which will need a combined strategy to accelerate the existing posts based on the topics of new posts.
- Start optimizing existing posts– This can be done by identifying the semantic terms which you have missed earlier; and by adding those semantic relevant information/texts to the existing post you can meet your objective.
Note that you will have to undergo keyword research to dig deeper on those terms.
- Correlating new posts with existing content– This is pretty simple and applicable when you have sufficient content to support your existing top performing content. For example If you have pages “Hotels at Berlin” then you can create new post explaining the “top tourist destinations in berlin” accompanied by internal link navigation. (Wherein both new and old posts are mutually supporting in dofollow link navigations)
Internal Navigation for Usability & Search Engine benefits
Internal navigation are not only helpful to provide relevant information to visitors but also facilitates search engines to determine themes (keyword to rank) of web-pages. And If used correctly this can be very helpful in reducing bounce rates.
To find the relevancy of webpages from different search terms and queries; you can simply use the Google operator:
Site:sitename.com “search query”
Meta Tag Optimization
Meta tags are important elements that help user to decide whether they are looking for specified set of content or not. And this is something which highly impacts the CTR and eventually ranking (CTR based ranking, not because of the keyword embedded description).
So that should be written very precisely considering the major topic in the description embedded with long-tail keywords
- Ecommerce Do’s & Don’t- Handling Out of Stock Products
- How to streamline business flow with Google Analytics?